The GApps 4.3 package has been released. Version 20130813 of GApps for CM 10.2 supports the newly released official CM10.2 Nightlies and allows users to install the Google Apps package on devices running CM10.2 Nightly builds or any other Android 4.3 based custom ROMs. Earlier version of GApps, which was released back in March this year, supported JB 4.2.x ROMs only. So it was much needed update released just on time as the official Nightlies of CyanogenMod 10.2 start rolling out. Here’s what’s new in this update:
What’s New in GApps 20130813
- Not compatible with 4.2.x!
- All APKs updated to 4.3.0 versions, where applicable.
- Does not include GalleryGoogle, meaning no Photosphere-equipped Camera app.
- Gmail added to package (for those who could not download through Play Store) and updated to 4.5.2-714156.
- Google+ added to package (to fix Location map tiles bug) and updated to 22.214.171.124854689.
- Google Play Services updated to 3.2.25.
- Google Play Store updated to 4.3.10.
- Google Search updated to 126.96.36.1991924.
- TalkBack updated to 3.4.0.
For those who don’t know, almost all of the custom Android ROMs come without the Google Apps that you usually find on stock ROMs. So if you flash a custom / aftermarket ROM on your device, you will need to flash GApps package separately in order to get the Google Apps like Google Play, Gmail, YouTube and other apps from Google. All of these apps are bundled into one single package and made available for download.
For more information, and to find the download links, please head to our GApps page. There you can find GApps for 4.3.x, 4.2.x, 4.1.x or even older versions of Android / CyanogenMod. Find them all on the page linked below: