Unofficial ports of CyanogenMod 10.1 continue to arrive for more devices. This time around, we have CM 10.1 for Desire Z and G2 made available to you by Andromadus team. Although it’s an unofficial alpha build, it looks pretty stable and functional. So you can now flash CM 10.1 with Jelly Bean 4.2 on HTC Desire Z and G2 devices. Here is all you need to know and the step by step guide to help you along the process:
Before you Begin:
- Backup your data before proceeding. It’s always recommended.
- Your device should be rooted with CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery installed.
- Make sure that your device is charged enough to last through the flashing process.
Step 1: Download required files:
Step 2: Copy both of downloaded files on root of your phone’s SD card.
Step 3: Disconnect your phone from the PC now and boot it into ClockworkMod recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch your device off
- Hold the Trackball down and press & hold Volume down + Power buttons till the device boots up. This is the bootloader mode.
- Navigate to “Recovery” option using Volume keys and press Power button to select it.
Step 4: Do a nandroid backup of your ROM by following the steps below:
- In recovery mode, select the “Backup and Restore” option.
- Now select “Backup” option.
- Wait till the backup process is complete.
Step 5: After backing up the ROM, select “wipe data/factory reset” option. Then select “yes” to confirm it and start the data wipe process.
Step 6: Now navigate back to main recovery screen and select “install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 7: Now select the flinnycm101_vision_02.zip file that you copied to SD card in step 2.
It will kick off the ROM flashing process, wait till it completes.
Step 8: After flashing the ROM, repeat the process of step 6 and select gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip file to install Google Apps.
Step 9: Navigate back to main recovery screen. Then select the option “Reboot system now” to reboot your device.
Your device will now reboot. First boot may take some time so please be patient. Once your device boots up, you will have unofficial CM 10.1 on Desire Z installed. Enjoy!