Download & Install T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update T989 UVMC6
The official T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean update has been released. You can now download and manually install T989UVMC6 firmware on your device. The firmware brings Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 smartphones. The update is still in process and it will take some time to get delivered to all supported devices. It’s being rolled out via OTA update and is also available via Samsung Kies. For those who do not see the update available for their devices, can download and install it manually. Here is what you will get with this update:
What’s New in T989UVMC6 – T-Mobile T989 Jelly Bean Update
Here is a list of new features and improvements that are part of this update:
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Google Now
- Project Butter – Smooth performance & stability
- Samsung Cloud services
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- UI Improvements to make it look similar to Galaxy S3 and Note 2
- New and improved lockscreen with room for customizations
- 2 Homescreen modes
- New widgets
- New Notification bar with added notification toggles
Version: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Date: March 11, 2013
Download and Manually Install UVMC6 on T989 Galaxy S2
Before you Begin, perform these preliminary steps:
- Install USB drivers for your device on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Backup important data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
- Your phone should be well charged.
- Make sure that Samsung Kies is not running, before starting the process.
Step 1: Download Galaxy S2 T-Mobile Jelly Bean update: T989UVMC6_T989TMBMC6_TMB.zip.
After downloading, unzip the file to get .tar.md5 firmware file.
Step 2: Download Odin: Odin3_v3.04.zip.
Step 3: Unzip Odin zip file and run the Odin3_v3.04.exe (run as administrator).
Step 4: Put your device in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your device off.
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot.
- Now press the Volume up button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 5: Now connect your device to the computer (Odin should be running on PC as per step 3).
Odin will not detect the connected device. You will notice one of the ID:COM boxes in Odin turning yellow and displaying the COM port number.
If, for some reason, Odin fails to detect your device you should check if the drivers are correctly installed and also try changing the USB port.
Step 6: Now in Odin, click on “PDA” button. Then browse and select the .tar.md5 firmware file.
Important: Keep the checkboxes unchanged. By default, “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” will be checked while all others will be unchecked. Keep it that way.
Step 7: After selecting the firmware file, click on “Start” button in Odin.
That’s all you need to do. Now wait while Odin will flash T989UVMC6 on your Galaxy S2 smartphone. When the process is complete, your phone will reboot. You can then disconnect it from PC and start using it.
For a more descriptive guide, head over to this link: flashing stock ROM using Odin.