Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is now available for download. The update brings JB 4.1.2 JZO54K build to N7100 devices. This is the official firmware that was released earlier today in Poland. Same build (JZO54K) was released for Samsung Galaxy S3 devices last week. It can be installed on any N7100 device except for Hong Kong and China models. You can use Odin to flash it. It’s pretty simple and straightforward. Here is everything you need to know followed by step by step guide:
What’s New in N7100XXDLK7 Galaxy Note 2 Update
- Android version: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Build JZO54K for N7100
- Country: Poland
- PDA: I9300XXELKC
- CSC: N7100PRTDLK5
- MODEM: N7100XXDLK7
New Features / Enhancements:
- New Additions in Notifcation Toggles
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Multi-View Can now be disabled
- Browser Is Smoother Then Before
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application
How to Install N7100XXDLK7 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on Galaxy Note 2
Before you Begin:
- Make sure you have USB drivers installed for your device. Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC, it will install all the necessary drivers.
- Your device should be well charged.
- Backup all your data, contacts, messages, settings and important files before proceeding.
Step 1: Download required files:
Step 2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip file. You will get a file named N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_N7100XXDLK7_HOME.tar.md5. This md5 / tar file will be flashed on your device.
Step 3: Put Galaxy Note 2 in download mode. To do this:
- Switch the device off.
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot.
- Now press the Volume up button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 4: Extract the Odin3_v3.04.zip file that you downloaded in step 1. Now run the Odin3 v3.04.exe file from the extracted files. Be sure to run it as administrator.
Step 5: Connect Galaxy Note 2 (which should be in download mode, as per step 3) to the PC.
You will see a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. If you do not see this message, don’t proceed and check if the device drivers are installed properly on the PC.
Step 6: In Odin, click on “PDA:” button. Now browse and select the N7100XXDLK7_N7100PRTDLK5_N7100XXDLK7_HOME.tar.md5 file.
Step 7: Now click “START” button in Odin. Before this: Please make sure that “re-partition” option is not selected while “Auto Reboot” and “F . Reset Time” options are selected.
Odin will now start the process to flash N7100XXDLK7 on Galaxy Note 2 device of yours. Please be patient and wait for it to complete.
Step 8: When process is complete, you will see a PASS message in Odin and your device will reboot automatically.
When your Note 2 boots up, you will have Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JZO54K on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device. Enjoy!