Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note. The firmware update N7000ZSLM5 was released earlier today and users can now update Galaxy Note N7000 to stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2. As it has just started rolling out, your device may note be able to get it immediately, however you can download and manually install it on your device. Here is everything you need to know and a step by step guide to help you through the process:
What’s New in Android 4.1.2 Galaxy Note N7000 Jelly Bean Update
- PDA: N7000ZSLM5
- CSC: N7000OZSLM5
- MODEM: N7000XXLSO
- Region: Asia
- Country: Hong Kong, Taiwan
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JZO54K for Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Multi-View can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
How to Install Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on Galaxy Note N7000 (N7000ZSLM5)
- Install USB drivers for your device on your PC. You can download and install Samsung Kies which will automatically install device drivers.
- Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
- Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
- Make sure that Samsung Kies is not running.
Step 1: Download the N7000ZSLM5 firmware for your device:
After downloading, extract the zip file. You will get a .tar.md5 file.
Step 2: Download Odin: Odin3_v3.04.zip. Extract the zip file and launch Odin app.
Step 3: Boot your Galaxy Note in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your device off.
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot.
- Now press the Volume up button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 4: Connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
Odin will detect the connected device. One of the ID:COM boxes in Odin will turn yellow and will display the COM port number.
Step 5: Click on “PDA” button in Odin and select the N7000ZSLM5 tar.md5 file that you extracted from the zip file in step 1.
Step 6: Now click on “Start” button in Odin to kick off the installation process.
It will take some time and your device will reboot when the firmware has been flashed. When it boots up, you can disconnect the device from computer and start using it.
To verify if the firmware was installed correctly, navigate to Settings > About, to see the currently installed firmware. You will see the N7000ZSLM5 firmware update installed correctly and Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build JZO54K on Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
For a more comprehensive guide on Odin see: how to flash a ROM using Odin.