Sprint Optimus G Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2) update has been announced and will be rolling out soon. The firmware update LS970ZVA brings Android 4.1.2 to LG Optimus G users along with handful of new features and performance improvements. The update was announced earlier today and has not yet started rolling out. However, according to the Sprint community forum post, all devices will receive update within 10 days.
What’s New in LS970ZVA Software Update (3/7/2013)
– Android 4.1.2 Jellybean for Sprint Optimus G Smartphone
– Google Now™
– Expandable, actionable notifications
– Android Beam™ to send photos and more
– QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
– Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework, including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering in the graphics pipeline
– User-installable keyboard maps
– Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
– Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
– Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
– Improved voice search
– Improved camera app
– Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
– Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
How to Install LS970ZVA – Sprint LG Optimus G Jelly Bean Update
The update will start rolling out very soon and will show up on your device once available. You can check for it manually and can download & install it.
- The update will take 10 to 20 minutes to download, depending on your internet connection.
- It will take about 5 to 10 minutes to install the update once downloaded.
- In all, it will take up to 30 minutes. You will not be able to use your phone during the update.
Check and Install Sprint OTA LS970ZVA Update:
Navigate to Menu > Settings and tap on Update Firmware. Your phone will then check for any available updates.
- If there is an update, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it
- If your phone displays Your system is currently up to date, your phone is on the most current software version, or the update hasn’t been pushed to your phone yet.
You can try checking for updates repeatedly unless you get the LS970ZVA, Sprint LG Optimus G software update that brings Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware to your device. For more information, check out the Sprint Community forum post.