How to Install LiquidSmooth 4.2.2 Galaxy Nexus Custom ROM
Liquid Smooth 4.2.2 ROM for Sprint & Verizon Galaxy Nexus is now available. Based on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 that Google started rolling out to Nexus devices earlier this week, this custom ROM can be installed on VZW Galaxy Nexus I515 and its Sprint variant L700. What you should be aware of is the fact that it is the RC1 update and is not the final version, so it may have some bugs yet to be ironed out. Also, as with any other custom ROM, you will need a rooted Galaxy Nexus with a custom Recovery like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP Recovery installed.
How to Install LiquidSmooth JB v2.1 RC1 (toro & toroplus)
Before you begin:
- Install USB drivers for your device if you don’t have them installed already.
- Backup your data, contacts and messages as you will lose it during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
Step 1: Download the ROM for your device:
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus I515: Liquid-JB-v2.1-RC1-toro.zip
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus L700: Liquid-JB-v2.1-RC1-toroplus.zip
Step 2: Download GApps zip file.
Step 3: Copy both the downloaded files (ROM & GApps file) on to the root of your device’s SD card.
Step 4: Boot Galaxy Nexus in CWM Recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till the screen flashes
- Select “Recovery” option to boot in Recovery Mode
Your device should now be in CWM Recovery mode.
Step 5: Take a backup of your ROM:
- From Recovery screen, select “Backup and Restore”
- Now select “Backup” to start the backup process.
After backup is done, navigate back to main recovery screen.
Step 7: Now select “wipe data/factory reset” option. When it asks for confirmation, select “Yes” to confirm data wipe process. Then navigate back to main recovery.
Step 8: From main recovery screen, do the following:
- Select option “install zip from sdcard”
- Then select “choose zip from sdcard”
- Select the ROM zip file
- Tap on “Yes” to confirm and begin installation
Step 9: After installation is complete, repeat step 8 and select the GApps zip file (instead of ROM file) to install Google Apps package.
Step 10: Now navigate back to main recovery screen and select “reboot system now” option to reboot your device.