PA 3.91, Paranoid Android for Nexus 7 (2013) has just been released, making it one of the first Android 4.3 custom ROMs for the new Nexus 7 (Razor) which was released last week. The ROM is based on latest Android Jelly Bean 4.3 JSS15J build and now supports the 2013 model of Nexus 7 tablet. So if you are a proud owner of Google’s latest Android tablet, you can now install Paranoid Android 4.3 custom ROM on your device. Here is a screenshot of Nexus 7 2013 with PA 3.91 ROM running on it:
How to Install Paranoid Android 4.3 PA 3.91 on Nexus 7 2013
Before you Begin:
- Make sure your device is well charged to last through the process.
- Backup your data as you may lose it during the process
- Install Nexus 7 2013 USB drivers on your PC
- Enable USB Debugging on your device
- Unlock Nexus 7 2013 Bootloader
- Install TWRP recovery on Nexus 7 2013
Step 1: Download Paranoid Android 3.91 for Nexus 7 2013: pa_flo-3.91-20130801.zip
Step 2: Connect your device to the computer via the USB cable.
Step 3: Copy the downloaded zip file to the root of your device storage.
Step 4: Boot Nexus 2013 in TWRP recovery mode:
- Switch off your device
- Press & hold Volume up + Volume down + Power keys to start the device
- Use volume keys to scroll to “Recovery Mode” option and use Power key to select it
Your tablet will now boot into TWRP recovery mode.
Step 5: In TWRP recovery mode, tap on “Install” button and then select the ROM zip file that you copied to the device in step 3.
This will start the process to flash Paranoid Android ROM on Nexus 7 2013, wait till it’s complete.
Step 6: Once the process is complete, navigate back to “System” and tap on “Reboot” button to restart your device.
Your device will now reboot. First reboot may take some time so be patient and will till your device boots up. You should now have Android 4.3 based Paranoid ROM 3.91 on your Nexus 7 2013. Enjoy!