How to Install AOKP ROM on HTC One
The Android Open Kang Project team have just announced AOKP nightly for HTC One (M7). So all the proud owners can now install AOKP on HTC One smartphone of yours. It’s still the nightly build which means its far from finished but you can give it a try and see how it works. AOKP is one of the best Android 4.2.2 custom ROMs and they update the nightly builds and make them better periodically. Availability of AOKP for M7 (HTC One) was announced by AOKP on their blog which also included some love for T-Mobile Galaxy S4 users. Here are the steps that you need to follow to install the ROM on your phone:
How to Install AOKP on HTC One
- A rooted HTC One with custom recovery like ClockworkMod (CWM) or Touch Recovery (TWRP) installed.
- You should have HTC Sync / HTC USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Be sure to take a backup of your data.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- In Developer Options of your device: “Verify apps via USB” should be unchecked.
- In Security settings: Make sure “Unknown sources” should be checked.
- Make sure that Samsung Kies is NOT running.
Downloading required files:
Google Apps Package: Download Latest GApps
Step by step tutorial to install AOKP on HTC One (M7)
Follow our detailed guide posted here: flash custom ROM using CWM.
This guide can be used to flash AOKP ROM as well as Google Apps, which are not part of the any custom ROMs, on your device. After installing, you will reboot your device which will then boot into newly installed ROM.
You should now have Android 4.2.2 based AOKP ROM on HTC One smartphone. Enjoy the awesome new features. If you took the Nandroid backup, you can switch back (downgrade ;)) to stock ROM any time.