The official CM10.1 Nightly for Galaxy S I9000 is now available for download. It’s the official pre-release build of the popular CyanogenMod ROM that brings Jelly Bean on Galaxy S I9000 devices. Here is the step by step guide:
Before you Begin:
- Be sure to backup your contacts, SMS & MMS messages and other important data.
- Make sure that you have USB drivers installed.
- You should have a rooted Galaxy S I9000 with a custom recovery installed. ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery are 2 popular custom recoveries.
How to Install CM10.1 Nightly on Galaxy S I9000
Step 1: Enable USB debugging on your device. To do this, navigate to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and enable it.
Step 2: Download required files:
- Latest CM 10.1 Nightly ROM for Galaxy S: cm-10.1-20121218-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip
- Google Apps Package: http://goo.im/gapps
Step 3: Copy both the downloaded zip files to the root of your SD card.
Step 4: Boot Galaxy S in ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
Tip: In Recovery mode, you can use volume keys to navigate up & down and Power button to select an option.
Step 5: From Recovery menu, select “backup and restore” then select “backup” to take a backup of your ROM.
Step 6: Now select “data wipe/factory reset” option to wipe the data.
Step 7: Select the option “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard” option.
Step 8: Now select the CM 10.1 zip file that you placed on SD card in step 2.
This will kick off the process to flash CM10.1 Nightly on Galaxy S. Wait till it completes.
Step 9: Now repeat step 7, and this time select the Google Apps zip file to install it.
Wait for installation to complete.
Step 10: Navigate back to main Recovery screen and select “Reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
First boot may take some time, so be patient. That’s it! You now have CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 on Galaxy S I9000. Enjoy!