Install Galaxy S3 Russia Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 Update
The firmware update I9300XXEMB2 for Galaxy S3 smartphones is now available. It brings Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to Russia Galaxy S3 users. The firmware update is currently rolling out and can also be downloaded and installed manually using Odin. Samsung UK had released I9300XXEMB1 update for Galaxy S3 UK users just a couple of days ago and today the XXEMB2 firmware has become available. It’s currently rolling out in Russia via OTA update as well as via Samsung Kies. For users in other regions, who want to install XXEMB2 for I9300 SGS3, the download links and instructions to update are provided below:
Version: Android 4.1.2 JZO54K
Date: February 2013
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Manually Install I9300 XXEMB2: Galaxy S3 Russia Jelly Bean Update
Before you Begin:
- Make sure that USB drivers for your device are installed on your PC.
- Backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
- Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
- Samsung Kies should not be running.
Step 1: Download the firmware on your PC: I9300XXEMB2_I9300OXEEMB1_SER.zip.
Extract the zip file after downloading it. You will get a .tar.md5 / .tar file.
Step 2: Download Odin3_v3.04.zip and launch the Odin app.
Step 3: Boot your device in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off.
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot.
- Now press the Volume up button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer via USB cable.
Odin will detect the connected device. One of the ID:COM boxes in Odin will turn yellow and will display the COM port number.
Step 5: Click on “PDA” button in Odin and select the I9300XXEMB2 tar.md5 file that you extracted from the zip file in step 1.
Step 6: Now click on “Start” button in Odin to kick off the installation process.
Wait for Odin to complete the process. It will take some time and your phone will then reboot. Once it boots up, you will have I9300XXEMB2 firmware successfully installed. Enjoy!
For a more detailed tutorial, see: how to flash a ROM using Odin.