Install Android 4.1.2 Galaxy S3 I9300 XXEMB1 UK Update
A new firmware update I9300XXEMB1 for Samsung Galaxy SIII is now available. This update, rolling out to Galaxy S3 UK / British users now, brings Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to SGS3 smartphones. The roll out is in process at the moment and will take some time to complete. If your device has not received the update yet, you can download I9300XXEMB1 zip file now and flash it on your device using Odin. Here are the details and the download link:
Version: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Date: 18 February 2013
Install Galaxy S3 I9300 XXEMB1 Firmware Update
Before you Begin:
- Make sure that USB drivers for your device are installed on your PC.
- Backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
- Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
- Samsung Kies should not be running.
Step 1: Download the firmware on your PC: I9300XXEMB1_I9300OXAEMB1_BTU.zip and extract the zip file. You will get a .tar.md5 / .tar file.
Step 2: Download Odin3_v3.04.zip and launch Odin app.
Step 3: Boot your device in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off.
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot.
- Now press the Volume up button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer via USB cable.
Odin will detect the connected device. One of the ID:COM boxes in Odin will turn yellow and will display the COM port number.
Step 5: Click on “PDA” button in Odin and select the I9300XXEMB1 tar.md5 file that you extracted from the zip file in step 1.
Step 6: Now click on “Start” button in Odin to kick off the installation process.
That’s it! The firmware I9300XXEMB1 will now be installed on your device. Once the process is complete and your phone boots up, you can disconnect it from PC and start using it. To very if the firmware update was installed, navigate to Settings > About to check for currently installed firmware. Enjoy!
For a more detailed tutorial, see: how to flash a ROM using Odin.