Orange UK Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean update is now rolling out. Orange has just released I9100PXXLSQ firmware update that brings Android JB 4.1.2 to Galaxy S2 I9100P smartphones. It will take some time before the update reaches all devices. You will be able to install it on your device either via OTA update or using Samsung Kies. Here are the details regarding this update followed by the instructions on how to install it:
Version: Android 4.1.2
Build Date: May 1, 2013
How to Install I9100PXXLSQ on Galaxy S2 I9100P (Orange UK)
Method 1: Update via OTA
- Be sure that you are connected to a reliable internet connection, preferably a Wi-Fi network
- On your device head to Settings > About device section
- From there, you can check for updates
- The available software update will show up, tap on it to install it
- Your device will then reboot and the update will be installed
Method 2: Samsung Kies
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer using USB cable and then launch Kies.
- Soon as the device is connected, you will see a firmware update message in Kies.
- Click on “Update” button to install the update on your device.
- In next screen check the “I have read the above information” checkbox and select “Allow saving” radio button and then click on “Start upgrade” to start the process.
Method 3: Manually Flash I9100PXXLSQ
If method 1 and 2 do not work for you, this one surely will. You can download the I9100PXXLSQ firmware zip package and install it on your device using Odin. Here are the links to firmware download page and guide to install the update manually:
- Download the firmware update: I9100PXXLSQ_I9100PORALS5_ORA.zip.
- Follow step by step guide: How to install a ROM using Odin.