You can use CF-Root for SGS3 to root XXEMB2 I9300 Galaxy S3 update. The firmware update I9300XXEMB2 had become available earlier today. As it was the stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S3 Russia users, the users who installed it lost the root access. No worries though as you can already root I9300XXEMB2 firmware using CF-Root. Details are as under:
CF-Root I9300XXEMB2: How to Root Galaxy S3 4.1.2 XXEMB2
Step 1: First, you should update Galaxy S3 to I9300XXEMB2 firmware if you have not done this already.
Step 2: Download the files that will be used in rooting:
Step 3: Extract both the downloaded files.
- Unzip CF-Root package to get CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar file.
- Unzip Odin3_v3.04.zip to get Odin3_v3.04.exe file.
Step 4: Launch Odin app on your PC.
Step 5: Start Galaxy S3 in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off first
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot appearing on screen.
- Now press the Volume up button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 6: Connect Galaxy S3 (in download mode) to the PC (while Odin is running).
Odin will detect the connected device. One of the ID:COM boxes in Odin will turn yellow and will display the COM port number.
Step 7: In Odin, click on “PDA” button, then browse and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar file (the file that your extracted from the zip file in step 2).
Step 8: In Odin, click on “Start” button to kick off the root process.
That’s all you have to do to root XXEMB2 on I9300 Galaxy S3. Now wait till your phone boots up. You will now have rooted I9300XXEMB2. Enjoy!