The official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for Galaxy Note 2 has leaked online and is now available for download. The leaked N7100XXDLJ2 for GN2 has same build (JZO54K) that the SGS3 firmware I9300XXELK4 and SGS2 firmware I9100XXLSJ had, both of which were leaked last week. This is a pre-release test firmware that is expected to be released to public in December / January. Thanks to this leak, you can now download the zip package and flash it on your device. Details of the firmware are as under:
- Version: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JZO54K for Galaxy Note2
- PDA: N7100XXDLJ2
- CSC: N7100OXADLJ2
- MODEM: N7100XXDLJ2
- Region: Open Europe
- Carrier: Unbranded
- Changelist: 422394
- Build Date: 29th October 2012
And here are some of the features:
- New Additions in Notification Toggles
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Multi-View Can now be disabled
- Browser Is Smoother Then Before
- Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
- New Group Cast Application
How to Install N7100XXDLJ2 on Galaxy Note2
Before you Begin: Backup all your data as you may lose it during the process. Continue at your own risk. And please note that you will lose the root and will have to re-root your device.
Ready? Here is the step by step guide:
Step 1: Download the flashable zip package to your PC: N7100XXDLJ2_N7100OXADLJ2_OXA.zip
Step 2: Extract the downloaded zip file.
Step 3: Download Odin 3.04, extract the downloaded fine and run Odin3 v3.04.exe.
Step 4: Now put your Galaxy Note 2 in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your device off
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot.
- Now press the Power button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 5: Once your device is in download mode, connect it to the computer. (Odin should already be running, as per step 3).
You will now notice that one of the ID:COM boxes in Odin will turn yellow when you connect the phone. It may take some time, so be patient and do not proceed to next step till you see it (the box getting yellow).
Step 6: In Odin do the following:
- Click on “PDA” then browse and select N7100XXDLJ2.tar.md5 file.
- Click on “PHONE” and select the MODEM file. There will be a file with “Modem” in it’s name.
- Click on “CSC” and select the CSC file. There will be a file with “CSC” in it’s name.
- Click on “PIT” and select the PIT file.
These files should be where you extracted the zip file in step 2 above. If any of these files are missing, just skip it and proceed with the process.
Step 7: After selecting the files, click on “Start” button. Before you click it: In Odin options, you need to make sure that “re-partition” option is NOT selected while “Auto Reboot” and “F . Reset Time” options are selected.
Odin will now begin the process to flash Jelly Bean JZO54K Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2. It may take some time so be patient with it. Once it completes, your device will reboot. You can now disconnect it from the PC and start using it.
You can confirm from Settings > About that the firmware has been installed. Enjoy!