The official CyanogenMod 10.1 for Nexus 7 3G has been released and available for download and ready to be flashed. It brings Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 on N7 3G with CyanogenMod flavor. So, for all of you who have a rooted Nexus 7 3G with a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery, you can now install CM10.1 on Tilipia – Nexus 7 3G. Here is the step by step guide:
Before you Begin:
- Make sure to root Nexus 7 3G and install custom recovery on it.
- Backup your important data before proceeding
Warning: Please be aware that this is a nightly build of CyanogenMod 10.1 and it may have some issues / bugs.
Step 1: Download required files:
- CyanogenMod ROM: cm-10.1-20121226-NIGHTLY-tilapia.zip (Download latest from here)
- Google Apps: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip
Step 2: Copy both the downloaded files on to the internal storage of your device.
Step 3: Reboot your phone in recovery mode. Here’s how to do it:
- Switch your phone off
- Press & hold Volume up + Volume down + Power buttons till the screen turns on
- Now use volume keys to navigate to “Recovery Mode” option and use Power button to select it.
Your device should now be in Recovery Mode.
Step 5: From Recovery menu, select “backup and restore” then select “backup” to take a backup of your ROM.
Step 6: Now select “data wipe/factory reset” option to wipe the data.
Step 7: Select the option “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard” option.
Step 8: Now select the CM 10.1 zip file that you copied to the device in step 2.
Step 9: Now flash the other zip file (Google Apps) the same way.
Step 10: Navigate back to main Recovery screen and select “Reboot system now” to reboot your device.
That’s it! You now have CM10.1 on Nexus 7 3G installed. Enjoy!