Official CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly for HTC One X Released, Install Now
The official nightly CM 10.1 for HTC One X (endeavoru) has been released and is available for download. This is the first nightly build of CyanogenMod 10.1 for endeavoru that brings the flavor of Android 4.2.2 on HTC One X smartphone. Earlier it was supported up to CM10. CyanogenMod had earlier released the CM 10.1 Milestone 2 build for selected devices. HTC One X is currently not eligible for Milestone / Snapshot builds but you can give nightly build a go. Here is the step by step guide with direct download links to get and flash the ROM on your device:
How to Flash CM 10.1 on HTC One X (Endeavoru)
Before you Begin:
- This is Nightly build of CM 10.1 and is not a stable version, so you may encounter some bugs that will eventually be ironed out.
- Your device should be rooted and should have a custom recovery installed.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
- Take a backup of your important data as you will lose it during the process.
Step 1: Download required files:
- CyanogenMod: cm-10.1-20130304-NIGHTLY-endeavoru.zip (download latest from here)
- Google Apps: gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip (download latest from here)
Step 2: Copy both the downloaded zip files onto the root of your device’s SD card.
Step 3: Boot your device in CWM recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch off your device
- Press & hold Volume down + Power buttons to switch the device on
- Select “Recovery”option to enter download mode
Step 4: Select “Backup and Restore” and then select “Backup” option to take the backup.
Step 5: select the option “wipe data/factory reset” option to factory reset your device. When it asks for confirmation, select “Yes” to confirm data wipe process.
Now we can move on to install the zip files that we placed on root of device’s SD card in step 2. Steps are same for flashing any zip file from CWM Recovery.
Step 6: From main recovery screen, do following:
- Select option “install zip from sdcard”
- Then select “choose zip from sdcard”
- Now select the zip file that you want to install (the file that you copied onto the SD card)
- When it asks for confirmation, select “Yes” to start installation
This will kick off the process to flash CM 10.1 on One X smartphone. Please be patient as it may take a while. Once the process is complete, move on to install Google Apps or any other packages you may have copied on SD card.
Step 7: Repeat step 6 to install Google Apps zip file.
Step 8: Navigate back to main recovery screen and choose “reboot system now” option. This will reboot your device.
That’s it! You now have the CyanogenMod 10.1 on your HTC One X. Enjoy!