How to Install AOKP ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919
You can now install AOKP on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 smartphone. The AOKP team announced the availability of first AOKP nightly for jfltetmo T-Mobile Galaxy S4. This should come as big news for those looking for Android 4.2.2 based custom ROM for Galaxy S4 devices. AOKP is certainly one of the best Android 4.2.2 custom ROMs and it is now available for the latest Android flagship device from Samsung as announced by AOKP on their blog. Here is how you can install it on your device now:
How to Install AOKP on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
- Install Samsung USB Drivers for your device on the PC.
- Backup your data.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- In Developer Options of your device: “Verify apps via USB” should be unchecked.
- In Security settings: Make sure “Unknown sources” should be checked.
- Make sure that Samsung Kies is NOT running.
Since it’s a custom ROM, Google Apps doesn’t come preinstalled. So, you will have to download and install them manually.
Step 3: Download GApps package that includes Play Store and other important Google Apps for your device.
Step 4: Connect your phone to the computer and copy the AOKP & GApps zip files on root of your device’s SD card.
Step 5: After copying the zip file, boot your device in custom recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off.
- Press & hold Volume up + Home buttons and then press the Power button till the screen flashes (phone will vibrate).
- Now release the Power button but keep holding Home & Volume up buttons.
- Your phone will then enter recovery mode. Now you can release Home + Vol up buttons.
If you are using Clockwork Mod Recovery, you can follow our detailed guide to flash custom ROM using CWM.
Step 6: Take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM:
- From Recovery screen, select “Backup and Restore”
- Now select “Backup” to start the nandroid backup process.
After backup is done, navigate back to main recovery screen.
Step 7: Now select “wipe data/factory reset” option. When it asks for confirmation, select “Yes” to confirm data wipe process.
It will wipe all data from your device. You can then navigate back to main recovery screen.
Step 8: Now you will install AOKP ROM on your device. Follow these steps:
- Select option “install zip from sdcard”.
- Then select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now select the zip file that you want to install (the file that you copied onto the SD card).
- When it asks for confirmation, select “Yes” to start installation process.
It will take some time for ROM to be flashed on your device. Wait till the process is complete.
Step 9: Repeat step 7 to install Google Apps zip file.
Step 10: After installation is complete, navigate back to main recovery screen and select “reboot system now” option to reboot your device.
You should now have Android 4.2.2 based AOKP ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 smartphone. Enjoy the freedom and awesome new features.