You can now root Nexus 7 2013 model running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. This tutorial will guide you through the process to root Nexus 7 (FLO) 2013 model which will open ways for you to install custom ROM of your choice on your tablet. Custom ROM developers are working hard to support Android 4.3 as well as the new Nexus 7 tablet. We can expect some of the popular custom ROMs for Nexus 7 2013 making their way out pretty soon. But to be eligible to flash a ROM you will first need to root your device and flash a custom recovery on it. Here is the step by step guide on how to do this:
How to Root Nexus 7 2013 on Android 4.3
WARNING: Continue at your own risk, we will not be responsible for any harm done to your device as a result of following this guide.
Before you Begin:
- Take a complete backup of your important data as you may lose it during the process
- Make sure you have Nexus 7 2013 USB drivers installed on your PC
- Enable USB Debugging on your device (see how to)
- You should first unlock Nexus 7 2013 Bootloader
- You should have custom recovery installed on your device (Flash TWRP recovery on Nexus 7 2013)
Step 1: Download the SuperSU root package: UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip
Step 2: Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Copy the downloaded SuperSU zip file onto the root of your device’s storage.
Step 4: Boot Nexus 7 in custom recovery mode. You do so either by using adb reboot recovery command or by following the steps below:
- Switch off your device
- Press & hold Volume up + Volume down + Power keys to start the device
- Use volume keys to scroll to “Recovery Mode” option and use Power key to select it
Your tablet will now boot into recovery mode.
Step 5: In TWRP recovery mode, tap on “Install” and then select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip file that you copied to the root of your device in step 3 above.
This will flash the SuperSU on Nexus 7 2013 (FLO) model. After flashing, you will need to reboot your device.
Step 6: Navigate back to “System” and the tap on “Reboot” button to reboot your device.
This will root Nexus 7 2013 tablet, you can find SuperSU on your device.