The pre rooted I9500XXUAMC6 firmware is now available for download. You can flash this to root Galaxy S4 I9500 on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 if you own one. Samsung Galaxy S 4 is the new flagship Android device announced last month. It has not started shipping yet but this pre-rooted I9500 ROM has already made its way out for those who are in possession of the device. It can be flashed using Odin and is strictly for I9500 users, so those with I9505 devices should stay away from this. Here are the details:
Root Galaxy S 4 4.2.2 I9500 XXUAMC6 Firmware
What you need to know:
Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with two different processors. Galaxy S4 I9500 is powered by Exynos 5 processor. The other Galaxy S4 I9505 runs on Snapdragon 600 processor. Before flashing a ROM on your device, make sure that the ROM is made for your device and not for the other.
- This is pre rooted I9500XXUAMC6 for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (Exynos 5 Octa version).
- Flashing the ROM will root Galaxy S4 I9500 and may void your warranty.
This is a modified stock ROM with root & BusyBox.
Firmware details are as under:
PDA: I9500XXUAMC6 ROOT_ODEX
Before you Begin:
- You should have Galaxy S4 I9500 with XXUAMC6 firmware running on it.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Install Samsung drivers on your PC. Installing Samsung Kies will install all the required drivers on the PC.
- Backup all your important data as you will lose it during the process and it will become irrecoverable.
- Make sure that your device is charged enough to last through the process. Fully charged device is recommended.
How to Flash Rooted I9500XXUAMC6 on Galaxy S4 with Odin
We have posted a comprehensive Odin tutorial for those who need help in installing ROMs using Odin. Steps are also mentioned here in detail:
Step 1: Download required files:
Step 2: Extracted the downloaded zip files. You will get a firmware .tar.mg5 file and Odin tool that will be used to flash the firmware on your device.
Step 3: Boot Galaxy S4 in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off
- Press & hold Volume up + Volume down buttons and then press Power button to boot the phone.
- Now press the Power button again to confirm booting in download mode.
Step 4: Connect your phone to the computer.
Step 5: Launch Odin on your PC (by running Odin3_v3.04.exe as Administrator). Make sure that Samsung Kies is NOT running.
Odin will now detect your device and you will see one of ID:COM boxes turning yellow / showing the COM port number.
Step 6: Now you will select the firmware files (that you extracted from the zip file in step 2) in Odin:
- Click on PDA button, then browse and select the file that has CODE / PDA in its name.
- Click on Phone button and select the file that has MODEM in its name.
- Click on CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name.
Skip any files that you did not find in the package.
Step 7: Now click on Start button in Odin to kick off the proceedings.
It will take some time for Odin to flash rooted I9500XXUAMC6 on Galaxy S4 device of yours. So, be patient and will till it completes. Your phone will then reboot. You can now unplug your device from the computer and start using it.
For more information and help, head over to this XDA forum thread.