Spotify 4.0 for Android is here. Spotify has released the new beta version of its Android. The app appears to have been updated with new look and more features. Here are some of the new features:
- Totally new app with full support for Android 4.0
- Top-to-bottom redesign
- All-new slide-out navigation
- More social – check out friends’ profile pages and playlists
- Artist imagery in high resolution
- Related artist view
- Much faster!
Other than that, there are more features to be added soon including Last FM scrobbling and folders. The app can be installed on any device running Android 4.0+ ICS.
The app is now available in Google Play store as yet. Instead, you will have to download Spotify APK directly onto your device and install it manually. Here is the direct download link:
Download Spotify Preview for Android
How to Install Spotify 4.0 on your Android Device
You should allow your device to install ‘unauthorized apps’ to be able to install the app. To do this:
- Navigate to Settings > Applications, and make sure “Unknown Sources” is enabled
- Now use a file manager to install the downloaded Spotify APK file on your device.