The popular custom ROM AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) has been updated. You can now download AOKP Milestone 1 Build 3 ROM and install it on any of supported devices. There are some new features and enhancements from Build 2.
What’s New in AOKP Jelly Bean MR1 Build 3
- New devices
- a510 – Acer Iconia Tab A510
- hercules – Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
- i9100 – Galaxy S2 (International / Exynos)
- i9100g – Galaxy S2 (International / OMAP)
- t0lte – Galaxy Note 2 LTE
- New features
- General UI
- UI mode selector – Phone / Phablet / Tablet
- Transparency control for all the things!
- Dual panel at any DPI
- Car Home is back
- Allow timeout / instant lock for Slide
- Quick unlock (PIN/password can unlock without pressing enter)
- Navigation Bar
- Hiding NavBar – if you enable this, NavBar won’t be visible all the time, you can slide up from the bottom of your screen and it comes back!
- Recents – GB style
- Custom icon tint
- Menu UI overflow
- LastApp Toggle
- General UI
AOKP JB MR1 Build 2 was released back in January and supported limited set of devices. More devices are supported now in Build 3 and we can expect support for even more smartphones and tablets in next release. Next version is expected to bring AOKP based on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 if the AOSP is released sometime soon. For now, download the ROM and try it on your device:
Download AOKP Milestone 1 Build 3 ROM
You can find the direct download links for your device here: Official AOKP website
You will also need to download the GApps for AOKP ROM.
After downloading the ROM and GApps, you can flash both files to your device using CWM. We have posted a detailed and easy to understand step by step tutorial that will guide you through the process. You can find the guide here: how to flash custom ROM using CWM Recovery.