CWM on Note2! How to Install ClockworkMod on AT&T Galaxy Note 2
Want a custom recovery like CWM on AT&T Galaxy Note2 I317? Here’s a step by step guide to help you install ClockworkMod Recovery on Note 2.
Before you Begin:
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC, if you haven’t done it already: samsung.com/kies/. It will also install the device drivers.
- Backup your important data including contacts, SMS / MMS and other files.
- Please note that to install custom recovery, your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 should be rooted.
Step 1: Download required files:
Step 2: Start Galaxy Note 2 in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Home + Power keys.
- When screen comes up, press Volume up button to enter download mode.
Step 3: Launch Odin. Run the exe as administrator.
Step 4: Connect your Note2, which should be in download mode as per step 2, to the PC.
You will see a message in Odin saying “Added!!” when the device is connected.
Important: If Odin does not detect your device, please do not proceed. Make sure device drivers are correctly installed and try again.
Step 5: Now in Odin, click on PDA button. Then browse and select the cwm6-recovery-i317.tar.md5 file that you downloaded in step 1.
Step 6: Now click “START” button in Odin. Before this: Please make sure that “re-partition” option is not selected while “Auto Reboot” and “F . Reset Time” options are selected.
That’s all you need to do. Now wait till the process completes. Once done, you will have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.