Chainfire Releases CF-Auto-Root to Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Chainfire has been able to root I9505XXUAMD2 firmware on the Qualcomm SGS4. So, You can now use CF-Auto Root Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE rooting tool to root your device. It’s still early stages though as the device has not even started shipping. There was a rooted I9500XXUAMC6 firmware that became available earlier this week, however that was not authentic as no proof was made public. This one is coming from a popular developer though, Chainfire, who develops the widely used CF-Auto-Root and has a history of rooting devices. Those in possession of a test device can get the root access on it, thanks to Chainfire. Here are all the details:
CF-Auto Root GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 LTE (Qualcomm)
Please note that:
- CF-Auto-Root for GT-I9505 will not work on any other variants of Galaxy S4 (so, don’t try it on GT-I9500)
- You can use this tool to root I9505XXUAMD2 firmware only (dated April 2nd). Previous firmware versions are not supported.
- Rooting your device will void warranty.
- Continue at your own risk, we will not be responsible for anything worse (but are fully responsible for anything good 😉 ).
Here is the step by step guide that will help you root XXUAMD2 firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505 (Android 4.2.2):
How to Root Galaxy S4 I9505 with CF-Auto-Root
Step 1: Download Chainfire’s SGS4 rooting tool: CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip
Step 2: Extract the downloaded zip file. You will get a .tar.md5 file that will be used to root your device using Odin or a similar tool.
Step 3: Download Odin3_v3.04.zip and run the exe from the zip to launch Odin.
Step 4: Boot Galaxy S4 in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off.
- Press & hold Volume up + Volume down buttons and then press Power button to boot the phone.
- Now press the Power button again to confirm booting in download mode.
Step 5: Once it’s in download mode, connect your phone to the computer while Odin is running.
Important: Please note that Samsung Kies is NOT running.
Odin will now detect your device and you will see one of ID:COM boxes turning yellow / showing the COM port number.
Step 6: In Odin, click on “PDA” button. A window will pop up asking for the file location. Locate and select the .tar.md5 file that you extracted in step 2.
Step 7: Make sure “Re-Partition” checkbox is not selected in Odin. Then click the “Start” button.
Odin will now flash CF-Auto-Root to Galaxy S4 device of yours. Once the process is complete, your device will reboot. When it’s booting, you will see a red Android coming up. If you do not see this and device boots as normal then boot into recovery to trigger the process manually.
That’s it! The flashing of CF Auto Root on I9505 Galaxy S4 will root I9505XXUAMD2 firmware.