The AT&T HTC One X Jelly Bean update has started rolling out as of today. It’s available via OTA update and is currently being rolled out. There are a whole lot of new features and enhancements that you will see in this Android 4.1 update for AT&T One X. Since the roll out is still in the process, it may take some time for your device to receive the update. You can try checking for update from your phone in order to get the update. Navigate to Settings > About phone > Check for updates. You can also download and install the update manually.
Some of the new features, as stated on AT&T blog, include:
What’s New in AT&T One X Jelly Bean Update
- Google Now, which provides you with the latest relevant information you need, when you need it. Whether you’re checking the weather, checking flight information, tracking a package or more, you can get the information that matters most immediately in a single swipe.
- Changes to the notification display that groups updates from the same application together and allows you to expand or collapse any notification.
- The ability to view the full text of an SMS message and the full photo of a MMS in the notification window.
- An event notifications display that offers more of the event description, allowing you to quickly see relevant details without having to open an app.
- New countdown timer for the front-facing camera.
Download & Manually Install OTA Jelly Bean on AT&T One X
Step 1: Download the OTA update:
- Direct link: OTA_EVITA_UL_JB_45_S_Cingular_US_3.18.502.6_0.24p.32.09.06_10.130.32.34_release_3061616bcty3drvawwo01k.zip
Step 2: Copy the downloaded zip file onto the root of your device’s SD card.
Step 3: Boot your device in Recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off
- Press & hold Volume down + Power buttons till the screen flashes
- Select the “Recovery” option (use volume keys to navigate & power button to select)
- Now press & hold Volume down + Volume up buttons and then press the Power button
Your HTC One X should now be in recovery mode.
Step 4: In recovery mode, select the “Apply update from internal storage” option.
Step 5: Now select the file that you copied to your device in step 2.
This will kick off the installation process. Please be patient and wait for it to complete. Once done, your phone will then reboot. You should now have AT&T One X (evita) Jelly Bean update installed on your device successfully. Enjoy!