Want to install stock Android 4.2.2 on HTC One M7 smartphone? You can now download and install the ROM dump from HTC One Nexus Edition that was announced in May this year and has started shipping to the customers recently. This is an Odexed ROM extracted from Google Edition HTC One smartphone. To learn more about odexed and deodexed ROMs, head to this page: Deodexed vs. Odexed ROMs.
Baseband Version: 4A.14.3250.15_10.34.1150.02L
Kernel Version: 3.4.10-gd6f147e
Build Number: 2.14.1700.15 CL211149
Other details as revealed by the developer:
- Made from system dump of Google Play Edition HTC One
- Rooted with Koush’s superuser app and binary
- Latest busybox installed
So, it’s a pre-rooted Android 4.2.2 for HTC One that you can install at your device.
How to Install Stock Android 4.2.2 on HTC One M7
Before you Begin:
- Take a backup of your data as it will be lost during the process.
- Your device should be rooted with custom recovery (like CWM or TWRP).
- USB drivers for your device should be installed on the PC.
- You should enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Your phone should be well charged.
Step 1: Download the ROM: bigxie_m7_GPe_odexed_tbalden.zip.
Step 2: Connect your device to the computer and copy the zip file onto it.
Step 3: Boot your device in custom recovery mode.
Step 4: Do a “wipe data / factory reset” from the recovery mode.
This will wipe all your data, so make sure that you have taken the backup.
Step 5: Install / Flash the zip file that you copied to your device in step 2.
Step 6: Reboot your device.
Your phone will now reboot into the newly installed ROM. You will now have the rooted stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on M7 HTC One smartphone. Enjoy!
Liked this article? Please share: