Android 4.1.2 JZO54K for Galaxy S3 I9300 devices is now available. You can download the I9300XXELKC and manually update SGS3 to 4.1.2 JZO54K update. This is an official software update originally released for Poland devices but can be installed on any I9300 device other than China and Hong Kong versions. You can flash it using Odin, so no root access is required. Here are some of the features of this firmware update:
What’s new in I9300XXELKC Galaxy SIII Update
The features are very much the same that we saw in I9300XXELK4 update which was leaked last month. Here are the details:
- Android version: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Build JZO54K for GT-I9300
- Country: Poland
- PDA: I9300XXELKC
- CSC: I9300OXXELK4
- MODEM: I9300XXELKC
- Build Date: 30-11-12
- Change list: 566833
New Features / Enhancements:
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App
- Paper Artist App
- Group Cast App
- Customizable Notification Panel
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
How to Install I9300XXELKC on Galaxy S3 I9300
Before you Begin:
- Make sure you have USB drivers installed for your device.
- Your device should be well charged.
- Backup all your data, contacts, messages, settings and important files before continuing.
Warning: If you install this update, you will lose the root and will have to root Galaxy S3 again.
Step 1: Download required files:
Step 2: Extract the downloaded zip files. When you extract the firmware file, you will get I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_I9300XXELKC_HOME.tar.md5 file. This is the firmware file.
Step 3: Start Galaxy S3 in download mode. To do this:
- Switch your phone off
- Press & hold Power + Home + Volume down buttons till you see a triangle and Android robot.
- Now press the Power button to confirm entering the download mode.
Step 4: On your PC, run Odin exe as administrator.
Step 5: Connect your phone to the computer. As per step 2, your phone should be in download mode while you connect it to the PC.
When phone is connected, you will see a message in Odin saying “Added !!” in bottom left.
Step 6: Now click on PDA button in Odin, then browse and select the I9300XXELKC_I9300OXXELK4_I9300XXELKC_HOME.tar.md5 file that you extracted from the zip package in step 2.
Step 7: Click “START” button in Odin. Before this: Please make sure that “re-partition” option is not selected while “Auto Reboot” and “F . Reset Time” options are selected.
Now sit back and wait while Odin will flash I9300XXELKC on Galaxy S3 device.
Step 8: When process is complete, you will see a PASS message in Odin (on top left).
Step 9: Your device will now reboot automatically. When you see the Samsung logo appearing on it, you can unplug it.
The official Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K for Galaxy S3 has now been installed. Enjoy!